AGPA serves as the voice of group therapy for mental health clinicians and the public-at-large, both nationally and internationally. The AGPA provides vital information on group psychotherapy in a variety of ways. Our efforts provide global access to group psychotherapy education and professional development, research, and outreach services. AGPA promotes awareness about the healing power of group. Learn more about our organization.
Renew Your Membership in AGPA Today
Renew your membership: online, by phone or by mail. To take advantage of online renewal, simply click this link to Log In to the AGPA website. Once logged in, select "Renew Your Membership" from the grey toolbar located at the top of the page. Contact AGPA at 877-668-2472-toll free or 212-477-2677 to renew by phone and/or to have a renewal notice mailed to you. You can also email us at email@example.com.
The July issue of the International Journal of Group Psychotherapy is available online
This issue features articles entitled:
- Psychodynamic Group Psychotherapy: A Behavior Science Perspective
- The Effectiveness of Short- and Long-Term Psychodynamic Group Psychotherapy on Self-Concept
- A Substance Called Food: Long-Term Psychodynamic Group Treatment for Compulsive Overeating
- Attitudes Towards (Psychotherapy) Groups
AGPA members receive the Journal free with their membership, to access log on to the website using your username and password. If you are not a member of AGPA, you can order the journal directly through Guilford Publications, Inc.
AGPA 2016 Annual Meeting, February 22-27 in New York City
The theme for the 2016 Meeting theme is "Transformation in Group: From Isolation to Connection." In our increasingly fast-paced and interconnected world, many people are relating more to their devices than to the living, breathing people in their midst. Adding these social forces to the obstacles many face in building sustaining relationships leaves people suffering in isolation. Group treatment provides an arena and a training ground for patients to learn skills to develop and foster secure attachments and connections with others. In this Annual Meeting we hope to address the many ways groups can help people move from isolation to connection.Join us for what promises to be an extraordinary meeting. Here is the registration form.
Highlights of the meeting will include:
- Two Special Institute Presentations:1) Macario Giraldo, PhD, CGP and 2) Ronald D. Siegel, PsyD
- Institute Plenary Address with Stewart Aledort, MD, CGP, FAGPA
- Mitchell Hochberg Memorial Public Education Event will be presented by Lee Mun Wah
- Conference Opening Plenary Session speaker will be Salman Akhtar, MD
- Anne and Ramon Alonso Presidential Plenary Address with AGPA Incoming President, Eleanor F. Counselman, EdD, CGP, LFAGPA
- Louis R. Ormont Lecturer will be Robert Grossmark, PhD
Limited Time Offer--Discounted Hotel Room Rate for the 2016 New York Meeting Reserve your hotel room at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel for the 2016 Meeting now through November 30; you will receive a special rate of $219 single/double occupancy; special rates are also available for Club Level rooms at $259 through November 30. To take advantage of this limited time offer click here or call 212-581-1000. After November 30, the rates will be $239 single/double and $279 for Club Level Rooms. Please note: Discounted reservations before November 30 require a one night non-refundable deposit.